Saturday, January 15, 2011

Wouldn't it be nice?

             Wouldn't it be nice to just start over? Have a clean slate and just start a new?
Those were the thoughts that were going through my head as I stepped into North Huron Middle School and presented to the big bad 8th grade Agriscience class. I have never been more terrified to present as a State Officer. 8th graders are honestly really scary people, because unlike high school students you have NO idea what to expect from them.This fact held true as Jasper and I went through our presentation.
              That visit to North Huron was probably one of my most memorable because of a student who sat in the front row because as Mr. Forsyth would say "has a little too much energy." Everything we presented this student would have a comment such as "Thats amazing" "I can't imagine" or "I'm going to do that some day" How awesome is that? He was excited about the things that he could be involved with and be a part of. After the presentation, Jasper and I got to sit down and talk to this member and he talked about how he grew up on a family farm that goes back generations and how FFA was going to take over his life.
              Think of all the potiental you had as a young FFA member. Every single opportunity was at your feet and it was your choice to pick out the path that you wanted to take. This student showed me that the FFA light isn't only shown through the leaders in the FFA, but in the young and BIG hearts of members.
So even if you are at the end of your FFA life, or at the end of any aspect of your life, treat it as if you just began. Begin with a heart full of excitement and a need to be the best that you can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment