Friday, December 31, 2010

Pure Joy

Written by the Region 3 State Vice President-Jordan Henry
So since I made the site, I get to put the first ever post!

What is pure joy? To some it might be making the winning point in a game, finding the perfect sale, or finding a ten dollar bill on the ground.

My Pure Joy happend this morning as I sat down to a late breakfast with my family and our family friends who are dairy farmers. They have 2 children, who then gave them 3 grandchildren. Needless to say, it was a very eventful dinning experience. Chuck and Cathy (the dairy farmers) were sipping there coffee and catching up with my family on all the latest news while planning for the New Years night ahead. Katie (Chuck:&Cathy's Daughter) rushed in late and tried to keep her youngest son Gauge from throwing crayons. Gauge the crazy almost 2 year old was moving crayons across the table and walking around saying HI to everyone he saw. Emma, who was just born was in Alex's arms making everyone laugh and awhhh with her smile. The oldest of the grandchildren Gunner, wasn't running around or being loud. Gunner instead was sitting at the end of the table right next to his Poppa Chuck.Gunner has always looked up to his grandfather and you could tell they were inseperable. They were talking about the chores that they had accomplished at 6 oclock that morning and what they thought needed to be done. It was like looking at 2 old farmers have coffee after a long morning in the barn. That "Family Farm" scene made my heart melt and made me appreciate all that farmers do for others. They pass on their knowledge and skill so that we are able to have the lives that we have. That to me was Pure Joy.

(The Grandparents and Grandchildren)
The McCune and Eisenberger Family has been a blessing in my life and they are all Pure Joy

1 comment: